Sunday, May 29, 2016

Leave them kids alone!

The Gate                                                                     G

I’ve been split on this movie since I saw it for the first time.  There’s pros and cons for sure but ultimately it’s a fun kiddie horror flick from the 80s.  It begins as a coming-of-age suburban tale that gradually goes to Hell, literally.  I’m not the biggest fan of the little ghouls---they look too goofy next to everyone else.  I like monsters to blend in and feel like they’re part of the movie world.  They’re not entirely distasteful though, better than most modern CGI.  There’s enough to enjoy otherwise involving demonic action, satanic heavy metal and teen parties amongst growing up in suburbia.  Plus it’s totally 80s!  Not my favorite flick but still more fun to watch over most modern kiddie horror flicks.  Has there even been any lately?  5/28/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment