Thursday, June 16, 2016

Class dismissed...unfortunately

Gravedale High                                                          G

Memories.  I can’t believe this animated series from the end of 1990 only lasted one season (13 episodes)!  This cartoon was a significant part of my childhood.  I vividly recollect watching this every Saturday morning when I was in second grade.  It was the only time I remember my older sister ever getting up earlier than usual on a weekend (to watch it)…back then we only had one TV in the house like most families.  I still somewhat enjoyed it after recently watching all the episodes.  Nostalgia?  I don’t know.  As of now, the show isn’t available to buy (I have a bootleg copy of the entire series if anyone wants to borrow, or come on over and we’ll have a marathon!).  The series involved a high school class of characters based on classic monsters including a Werewolf, Mummy Chick, Little Frankenstein, Medusa Chick, Zombie Chick, Gill Man, Invisible Man, Ghoul and Vampire all taught by a human teacher voiced by Rick Moranis (Ghostbusters; Honey, I Shrunk the Kids; The Flintstones and various other 80s/90s movies).  At one time, during the time, McDonald’s even had toys for some of the characters.  Don’t believe me?  Google it!  I wish I still had those toys.  Internet is calling...If Duzer (Medusa Chick) was here she would tell me to “Get a life!”  6/16/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment